Saturday, May 4, 2013

Prayer for nation

I was thinking how to spend this whole weekends for the past week. Thinking to out for a shopping spree for my upcoming dinner as most of my friends going back hometown. Of course, not for voting as we are still underage but just to enjoy the slightly long break. Too bad I find no one to join me as everybody worries about the chaos during and after the election. Kinda disappointed to fail my plan but immediately, a blog post of my roommate's friend reminded me there is something more meaningful I can do.

I'm not sure if I'm a political type of person. No matter how, I only opened my eyes to politic year ago. I used to think there is none of my business of all the evil schemes or filthy tricks behind the power as long as I'm doing good in my own dream world. But I do realize the more I love my country, the more I concern about it.

I do believe people do mistake, people influenced by the circumstances, people judge wrongly. But not until the point they try to cover it up with more lies and false promises. Most will think it is a war for the power, but for me, the heart for nation and for people, will just hope for the improvement of country. Our country ain't that horrible but there is just way too much to improve.
For the past few weeks, I've been studying Isaiah for my devotion. I couldn't find a hint what is it talking about until this morning, when I relate it to this election. Book of Isiah is all about the oracle of how the nations fall, how the rage of God destroys the nations who are against Him. But I saw a glimpse of hope knowing the promise of God : He will rebuild Israel after the ruins, after the rage had turned away from them, after the wicked people has been destroyed. What a promise to rejoice! I would just pray that God will take His control and rebuild our nation after all the destruction and make this land a fruitful land to extend His kingdom. Hallelujah!
Even I'm 20 this year, I'm old enough to pray and submit the nation into His hand. Only God knows who is the right person to lead our country.


No comments:

Post a Comment